In relevant contracts, health and safety requirements should be reflected throughout the procurement process, including:
- in the contract notice
- in technical specifications, (that can include the method of production or provision of the requested goods, works or services)
- as part of supplier selection
- in award criteria that can include social and environmental characteristics
- in the contract award notice
Description of risk or opportunity
- Is health and safety a potential issue when providing a related service or using supplied products, and/or is there an opportunity to improve health and safety?
- For example, according to the type of products procured or within service delivery (for example, ICT equipment, construction services).